When I want to make a cake I normally go to Anne au Chocolat’s website for inspiration. I love chocolate so 90 % of the time I end up making some kind of chocolate cake. This weekend I made a cake which is a mix of a very heavy chocolate cake and tiramisu – what’s not to like!?!
I found the recipe at Anne au Chocolat’s website but changed the recipe a little bit:
Ingredients for the chocolate cake:
– 200g good dark chocolate
– 200g butter
– 5 eggs
– 1 tablespoon flour
Ingredients for the tiramisu cream:
– 3 eggs
– 30g homemade vanilla sugar (korn from one vanilla pod and 30g sugar)
– 250g mascarpone
– Cocoa powder
– 150g dark chocolate
– One small cup of Nespresso coffee (or another kind of coffee)
How to make the chocolate cake:
1) Melt butter and chocolate in a pot and stir until the chocolate is melted
2) Move the pot from the gas and add the sugar
3) Let it cool down a little bit and add the eggs (one by one)
4) Add the flour
5) Put it in a round baking tin and bake it in the oven for approximately 25 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
6) Take it out of the oven and make some small holes in the cake
7) Mix the coffee and Kahlua and put it on the top of the cake
8) Melt 75g dark chocolate and add a layer of melted chocolate on the top of the cake
9) Leave it in the fridge until the next day
If you prefer a stronger Kahlua and coffee taste you can add some coffee and Kailua to the mixture before you add the flour.
How to make the tiramisu cream:
1) Mix the egg yolks and the vanilla sugar until it has a light colour
2) Add the mascarpone and mix it until you have a homogeneous mass (don’t mix it too much)
3) Mix the egg white in another bowl until it’s stiff
4) Add the egg white with the egg yolks, vanilla sugar and mascarpone
5) Cut 75g of dark chocolate into small pieces and add it to the cream
6) Put the cream on the top of the chocolate cake and leave it in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
Before you serve the cake add some cocoa power on the top of the cake.